CL is committed to protecting the rights and privacy of all visitors to our Website and ensuring that all personal information is handled in a safe and responsible manner.
SCOPE OF POLICY
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US
We may collect personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, physical address and telephone number. Information about your computer hardware and software and device also may be automatically collected. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, and access times. This information is used by us for the operation of the Website and Services, to maintain quality of the Website and Services, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Website and Services.
PLEASE DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES PROVIDE US WITH ANY OF YOUR CREDIT CARD OR OTHER PAYMENT DETAILS. WE DO NOT UNDERTAKE TO PROTECT OR SECURELY STORE THE SAME IN ANY WAY. YOUR CREDIT CARD AND OTHER PAYMENT DETAILS SHOULD BE DISCLOSED ONLY TO SUCH THIRD PARTY PAYMENT SERVICES PROVIDERS AS YOU ARE INDEPENDENTLY CONFIDENT WILL PROPERLY AND SECURELY PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION.
PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU CHOOSE TO ACCESS AND USE THE THIRD PARTY PAYMENT SERVICES, YOU MUST AGREE TO THE THIRD PARTY PAYMENT SERVICES PROVIDER’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE THIRD PARTY PAYMENT SERVICES PROVIDER MAY TRANSMIT AND PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, INCLUDING BY TRANSMITTING AND PROCESSING SUCH DATA IN THE USA AND OTHER FOREIGN JURISDICTIONS. PLEASE REFER TO THE THIRD PARTY PAYMENT SERVICES PROVIDER FOR FURTHER INFORMATION IN THIS RESPECT.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and use your personal information to operate our Website and deliver the Services. We may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other services available.
The Website may also collect data that does not identify you specifically. The following is a list of data that we may collect and process about you:
• Information that you provide by filling out forms on the Website, including when you register, subscribe to any Services including but not limited to interactive services (such as blogs, chat rooms, message boards, or other user forums); enter a competition or promotion, complete a survey or report a problem with the Website;
• Your correct date of birth, which we may require that you submit accurately to ensure that you do not access the Website if you are not of a legal age to purchase products offered for sale on the Website;
• Any information you may provide when you contact us or send us a correspondence;
• Details of any transactions you carry out through the Website, including the placement of any orders by you; and
• Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, your computer's IP address, password information, page interaction information, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other data about the resources that you access.
By registering, you are consenting to the collection of your personal data. If an order is placed with us, we need to hold personal information including your name, date of birth, email address, phone numbers, home address and shipping to allow us to process your orders and payment, let you know the status of your order, manage your account and to serve your requests in general (Personal Information). We may also obtain information as a result of authentication or identity checks. Your telephone number may be given to our courier for delivery services. Personal Information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information. Personal Information may also be shared with other trading divisions within CL.
We may disclose your personal information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a court order or any other legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect
your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request; and/or
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your Personal Information:
- to our service providers and subcontractors, including our affiliates, retained to perform functions on our behalf or to provide services to us, such as warehousing and delivery; marketing and advertising; data processing; software development; website hosting and management; information technology and office services; legal, accounting, audit and other professional service providers;
- to unaffiliated service providers with whom we may subcontract, including website hosting companies, fulfilment companies and other third party service providers;
- to any prospective seller or buyer of our business or assets; and/or
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. These include secure servers and firewalls.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to or by our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access but we cannot guarantee it.
Please note that we shall retain your Personal Information during and following the end of your use of the Website as required to comply with law, for technical troubleshooting requirements, to prevent fraud, to assist in any legal investigations and to take any other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
If your Personal Information changes in any way or is incorrectly presented on the Website you should immediately update or correct your Personal Information (as applicable) by accessing the My Account section on the Website or, alternatively, by contacting our Customer Service. You can access and review your personal information in the My Account section of the Website.
We may use information from cookies for the following purposes:
- Traffic monitoring, for example, the IP address from which you access the Website, the type of browser and operating system used to access the Website, the date and time of your access to the Website, the pages you visit, and the Internet address of the website from which you accessed our Website;
- To recognize repeat visitors for statistical/analytical purposes; or
- Anonymous tracking of interaction with online advertising, for example, to monitor the number of times that a banner ad is displayed and the number of times it is clicked.
We may connect the information that we collect through cookies with other Personal Information that you provide to us. Such purposes are:
- To customize or personalize your experience of the Website, for example, so that we can greet you by name;
- For transactional purposes, such as credit/debit card sales; or
- To monitor your use of the Website in order to make our communications with you as relevant as possible, for example, by sending you email communications relevant to the parts of the Website that you visit most often or by letting you know about features of the Website that you have not accessed previously.
We may compile and report to third parties (such as advertisers) statistics about our Users in terms of numbers, traffic patterns and related site information.
You can edit your preferences at any time by going to the "Managing your cookie preferences" section.
Managing your cookie preferences
Cookies can be disabled or purged from your browser at any time if you so choose. You can find information specific to your browser under the “help” menu. CL cannot guarantee the proper functioning of the Website if you choose to disable your cookies. However, your visit to our Website will be significantly enhanced if cookies are not disabled. If you do not disable your cookies, you allow us to use them.
In order to manage cookies to best suit your needs, please bear in mind the purpose of cookies when setting your browser.
MARKETING OPT-IN AND OPT-OUT PROVISION
When you register you agree to receive:
- Email alerts for new products, special offers, events of interest and one-off marketing promotions. Such alerts may include marketing information about CL, our subsidiaries or selected business partners; and/or
- Direct mail alerts for new products, special offers, events of interest, and one-off marketing promotions. Such alerts will only include marketing information about CL.
At all times, we will offer you the opportunity to unsubscribe out of any service or update to which you have subscribed, if you change your mind. Any e-mail we send you will contain an automated unsubscribe link so that you can opt-out of that particular mailshot. Simply follow the indications in the e-mail. Alternatively to opt out of direct mail service or updates you may set up your preferences in the ‘My Account’ section online, or contact a customer care representative on +97126267270 (from a mobile or internationally) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may also use your Personal Information to send you our newsletters as well as details of our products, special offers or promotional offers that may be of interest to you, and may also pass your Personal Information onto our carefully selected business partners or to our affiliated companies to enable them to send you information which may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of signing up to our newsletter service by ticking the appropriate box during registration. If you are not registering for an account but you would like to receive the newsletter, you can sign up separately on our newsletter service sign up page on the Website.
If you wish to unsubscribe from our newsletter service, or any other update to which you have subscribed, use the opt out feature on our Website and in the emails.
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
Information we have access to through social media platforms will depend on your personal settings. We will have access to all public information on these platforms. We may also be able to access information that others share about you (as they control how that is shared).
We may collect any data that is accessible to us or that you provide through social media platforms, including for example your Facebook and/or Twitter profile picture, gender, and usernames. We will interact with you through social media platforms in accordance with each site's rules but we are not responsible for how the site owners collect and handle your data. We are not responsible for what third parties post on our social media accounts.
If you 'Like' our Facebook Page or post on our Facebook Wall, we can interact with you and send you things via these platforms.
If at any time you want us to stop interacting with you in this way, please contact us.
YOUR MEMBERSHIP ACCOUNT
CORRECTING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, contact us at email@example.com